Thursday, November 22, 2012

Felize Thanksgiving

Our first holiday away from home. The first time in 29 years I haven't been able to watch the Macy's Parade, eat my grandma's turkey shaped sugar cookies, or stuff myself with food that somebody else graciously prepared for me. Not going to lie, a few times today I teared up a little questioning why I am not home planning my black Friday 2 am shopping route with my sister and cousins.

Besides the first official appearance of homesickness, it was an overall good day. Lane had to work, so the girls and I took the short, uphill walk to our favourite donut shop ( which is essentially a convenience store, so don't picture us in a movie-like bakery eating gourmet pastries). We allowed extra donuts in our shopping cart today as after all, it is the one day a year we are trained to not feel guilty for eating a bunch. The highlight of our donut adventure was when somebody in front of us in line realised we were American, and wished us a Happy Thanksgiving.

For lunch I went with the traditional Thanksgiving food. Turkey - though ours was sliced deli style:

Isn't Stella's Thanksgiving sweater cute ( not to mention her smile)? Didn't think about the fact that we were going to be celebrating by ourselves this year when buying this cute thrift-store classic:


So really it was just another day for us Americans here in England.... And in true Flood fashion we celebrated with a traditional meal that we always bow our heads and thank the lord for... Tacos (and some Goose Island Beer of course).

~Happy Thanksgiving, from all of us not-feeling like our pant buttons are gonna pop, Floods


2 comments:

  1. Love your English/Mexican Thanksgiving! Love you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan just sent me the link to your blog. So now I know you have one! I just read every last word of it. I miss you like crazy. But I am so thankful you are blogging. And YOU ARE FUNNY!!! I love you. All of you.

    ReplyDelete